Tuesday 5 September 2017

Botanical engagement ring

I recently completed a beautiful commission for a lovely client of mine who entrusted me with a very special project- her engagement ring. I rarely make rings anymore as my focus is primarily drawn to necklaces and earrings, but I'm always eager for new creative challenges. 

I was honoured to be asked to create a truly bespoke piece that no one else in the world would have. The ring was symbolic of a hugely memorable moment in both their lives, and would become a treasured heirloom for the next generations of their family. 

As my client is a gardener, she decided to press one of her own Foxglove blooms from her garden, and this would form the inspiration behind the piece. The white petals were peppered with a striking pattern in a deep plum tone, almost resembling an animal print. Such a stunning flower required an exceptional mold to cast the central stone. We both agreed on an irregular faceted gemstone, which created a bewitching and unique effect. After casting, sanding, polishing and mounting the gemstone onto a sterling silver band, the ring was complete and ready to surprise its lucky owner, and embark on a new journey in life together.







No comments:

Post a Comment