Wednesday 4 October 2017

Inktober #1

Drawing and painting seems like a long distant memory to me now. I use to fill my childhood days with watercolour painting and sketching, and amassed a huge collection of notebooks and canvases, which are now forgotten artefacts inhabiting my wardrobe and under my bed. 

I always wanted to return to it at some stage, but life and my business inevitably stole the limelight. As Inktober has officially begun, I decided to set myself a challenge, and sneak in half an hour a day to sketch and paint little pictures of forest finds. My first crisp white page debuted a fairytale toadstool that goes by the name of Amanita Muscaria or Fly Agaric. I actually really enjoyed the task and found it therapeutic and it calmed my busy mind. I'm already looking forward to the next page.




No comments:

Post a Comment