Saturday 2 December 2017

An Edwardian woodland

One of my favourite pieces I recently made is the 'Pixie Potion Bottle'. I wanted to create something that no one could copy (unfortunately something I have to encounter a lot with my work). I scoured antique shops to find the ideal petite bottle for the project. I discovered the perfect one in the form of an original Edwardian cut glass perfume bottle. A complete one-of-a-kind find is always an exciting thrill. 

After making a mold from the original glass bottle, I was able to cast a crystal clear eco resin replica.The dainty bottle retains its beautiful detailing from the sharp facets of the topper to the natural curved contours of its body, and slightly mottled patina from the original hand blown glass. There is a wonderful sense of history exuding from this piece, and it is made all the more magical with its natural inclusions.

Eternally embedded within are luminous tendrils of real Irish lichen and moss in vibrant shades of green and yellows. The spectrum of the Irish woodlands is contained forever within. The very essence of Ireland can now be worn with you wherever you wander in the world with your own pixie potion bottle.

Each bottle is lovingly handmade by myself, taking several hours every day over the course of two weeks to complete. The bottle hangs from a 14k gold filled bail which is attached to a 14k gold filled jump ring and a 14k gold filled chain, in a 19" inch length. There's a limited number currently in store here.




No comments:

Post a Comment