Friday 11 August 2017

Flower foraging in the garden

The days are long and busy in the Lost Forest studio, so any opportunity to escape into the sunny garden for a breath of sweet summer air is essential to restore calm and ease the mind. Today, I gathered a pretty selection of blooms that were tumbling out of their pots and were prime for picking. 

I snipped tiny bouquets of Forget-me-not (Myosotis arvensis), its larger counterpart; Chinese Forget-me-not (Cynoglossum amiable), beautiful fluffy umbels of chocolate Queen Anne's Lace (Dara ammi) and purple corn cockles (Agrostemma githago).  I always find this stage of the process in my jewellery making to be the most relaxing and therapeutic. It certainly beats the sanding stage; the less said about that the better! I could happily pick and press flowers all day long.







No comments:

Post a Comment